Postcards from Asia

A weblog with updates of my Asian travels and studies. I invite East West Center fellows, GPC colleagues, and other visitors to post on topics of interest in Asian studies.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dept. of Humanities, Georgia Perimeter College, Atlanta GA, United States

Tuesday, June 19, 2007



GPC in China: Nanjing by Night, Part II: At about 1:30am, I was getting ready to shoot some generic street scenes on Ninghai Road in front of our campus when this young man came walking by. He expressed an interest in what I was doing, and I offered to shoot his portrait, and he agreed. I did five or six shots with him and it all took less than five minutes. I liked this one the best since, as you can see, he has undeniable charisma. Afterward, I gave him my blog address so he could view the photo when he gets back to his own country (he sounded American). I wish that I had written down his name because afterward, I was so focused on getting all of my equipment gathered, I forgot his name. I think I will start keeping a journal to record the names of the persons who pose for my street photography. Anyway, friend, thanks for posing for this portrait. When you do finally view your portrait, please email me and I'll update this blog entry to include your name if you want. Best, William.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home